So, another year gone.
I don't know about you, but I think I'm glad 2014 is gone. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't that good. Just a vague discontent about the year without being able to say that was bad.
1. I think PRESENT was a good word for me. I'm not sure I'm done with it in 2015 but more on that later. I spent a lot of time just being with Wiggle. It was awesome.
3. Reducing stress. I think I'm still working on it. My 10 minute breaks each day often became internet zone out time and I don't think it does the same thing, even if it is personal time.
4 & 10. I started the year doing reasonably well eating healthy. And then around June went on sugar bender after sugar bender. I am going to continue working on this one in the new year.
5. Work to be less angry. I think I am less angry, but I'm still quick to anger. I want to work more on this.
6. These last couple months, I've found I'm often up until at least 11. When I'm getting up at 5:30 each morning and up at least once in the night with Wiggle, I know this isn't good. But I'm still doing it. I need to work on a better balance.
7 & 8. We started the year of strong with minimizing and then stopped. The spare room has become a junk room in the lead up to Christmas. Last year we also lost a lot of stuff in storage because of flooding. This has helped in some ways because we are both ready to let stuff go. But in some ways, it now seems bigger because we know we aren't just putting stuff in a place, but well and truly just getting rid of - in the garbage, in donation, in garage sale.
9. I've figured out that we don't buy a lot but we buy necessities and then don't manage them well. I think this goes into the minimize concept.
11. We bought a new file cabinet and shredder. We're doing well with the current stuff but the old stuff still hasn't been wrestled under control.
13. We planted a garden and it did great. But neither one of us took the time to nurture it.
14. I did some kind of yoga most nights but without any direction, I feel that this was more of a "check the box" instead of a meaningful yoga. I intend to change that this year.
15 & 16. I didn't run the 1/2 marathon but I did run the full! My training was such that at mile 18 I hit a wall and just walked most of the last eight miles. It wasn't a lot of fun and I think I'm going to work more on halfs and not worry so much about fulls for awhile. The training took a lot of time and it was time I didn't spend with Wiggle. That's not a trade off I'm willing to make right now.
17. I really reconnected with reading this year. Most nights I read at least 5-10 pages. Some nights I make bad decisions and read too late.
1. I think I finished about a project a month but I think it was fewer than 5,000 yards. There are a couple WIPs that would get me to 5K, if I'd actually completed them. One I worked on quite a bit, but I'm undecided if I'm going to rip it. I fear it's far too large. :/
2. Oh gosh, I bought yarn like it was my job this year. I am going to try again in 2015, but more on that later.
3. I didn't release designs this year and I'm disappointed by that. I need to do some priorities evaluation. Life evaluation... there is a lot of explanation here. But, I still want to release some designs and actually have more.
4. I don't think I did as well on blog comments as I wanted to. In general, most of my blog and email time was to/from work and I found I left a lot of emails undone. I also didn't participate in blogs as much this year. I don't like that so I need to figure out a way to get a better balance this year.
Well, that's all folks! I'll unveil 2015's list soon-ish.