It's nearly a quarter of the way through 2013, so I guess I'll wrap up 2012. This is going to be super short so we can move on to 2013 Goals!
2. I'm still pretty much a stress monkey, but I think I'm getting better. Frankly, one thing that is helping is knowing how ba stress is for Wiggle Bug. It's a little easier to calm down when I think about the baby and not just myself.
3. I am so happy with this one. I go through mail every day and it either gets filed or thrown away. I have a lot of paper I still need to get rid of but at least I'm not adding to it.
4. I actually do straighten the house most nights. This isn't some super woman thing. My measure of success is small - kitchen cleaned up, common areas of floor swept - which is mostly so I don't have to step on stray kitty litter - and stuff picked up around the living room.
5. I did not meet my weight goals. Of course, the secret reason is that I wanted to be at my ideal weight to make sure I was super healthy before I got pregnant. But that didn't happen and once I was pregnant, I stopped any dieting. I am watching my weight to make sure I don't go outside the recommendation, but really, I'm eating pretty steadily. :)
6. I actually have managed to sleep 7 hours each night! I'm glad that I started working on this earlier in the year. I was such a night owl that I think I would have really had a hard adjustment once I was pregnant to try to sleep more for the baby. Now, of course, 7 hours hardly seems like enough!
7. I'm not sure if I really did a project a month, but... drum roll... I DID meet my goal to knit 4,000 yards. I have two FOs that I haven't shown you yet. One is quite special and I really thought I'd covered it during the wedding blogs.
Partner's wedding socks. That, weren't finished until our 6 month anniversary. :) I'll do up a proper post on these. Sadly (but happily) Partner wore a hole in the heels of BOTH socks already! ack! I'm going to try to darn them. I don't have the weight on these, but we'll talk about them more in their own post.
And the last item, is the yardage from my Ravelympics Sweater. This sweater has finally been gifted (after a little wear by me since I never did finish my brown sweater while in Britain).
Yarn: Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors II, 1112 yards
Modifications: Knit with US7s
Knitting yardage total 2012: 4,096
8. I think I read 12 books last year. It helped that I re-read the Harry Potter books to Wiggle. We made it through the first six. My mom claims the Baby is too scared to be born with the books that I read to it! :)
9. I hardly cooked or baked at all this year. There also isn't a good farmer's market around here and frankly, organic is super expensive so it's a bit of fail on this one.
10. Less angry. I think I'm happier with my life, which makes me less angry. But I'm still pretty quick to anger. Especially with drivers.
11. I didn't take any yoga classes all year until I got out here and then I started a prenatal yoga class that I go to each week. I've also done some regular yoga classes though those have become more difficult as I've gotten further along. I hope I can keep it going this next year.
12. Minimizing kind of went by the way side. I think it would have been better if I'd been there when they packed up all our stuff in California for the move.
13. We moved, so we didn't buy a house. Not in 2012 anyway.
14. My running regime took a nose dive in England. I was running on pavement and hurt my foot then when I got pregnant, my plans for a trail marathon were put on hold. My foot problems kept nagging so I ran 2-3 miles, 2x a week until the end of November but then didn't run after that.
15. There was zero professional writing in 2012. Sigh. One of these days. Maybe.
16. We shredded 8 or 9 boxes of paper this past year and I think we're very close to having all of our paper in file cabinets. I might be delusional though about "very close."
17. I did pretty well on not buying anything in 2012 until we hit Britain. Then when we got back home and I moved out to Hawaii and bought a lot of stuff that I had in California, but not in Hawaii. I'm going to keep working on this one.
18. Well, as you all know, I decided to find a new job. I also think I'm working harder at this job than the last one.
So that was 2012! Coming soon, goals for 2013.... Now I need to go read all your blogs and see what your 2013 plans are!