Here is the update for March, concentrating on the high points! As before, If you only want to see the knitting goals, just boop, boop, boop, down to the RED text.
1. I think I'm doing a better job of being present. Just hanging out with Wiggle and with Partner. I am able to just ignore the things on the to-do list and spend a few hours building towers that are knocked over. And I love all our time nursing and napping together. I no longer think of putting him down for a nap and leaping up to clean. That time has become "me" time to nap, read or knit. I hope it lasts a very long time!
3. I've kept up with my 10 minutes a day and this is helping me to relax quite a bit. We are in week 4 of getting our kitchen repaired/remodeled from a burst line in January. Add some heavy expenses for some drainage issues and it's been a stressful few months, money-wise. But we've been mostly able to laugh about it (or agree not to mention certain people to each other).
4 & 10. We've been doing better on sweets but no kitchen has usually meant coffee at 7-11 and I'm powerless to resist a donut. No really, I'm sure it's a medical fact. But I've had so many donuts these past 4 weeks that I'm kind of looking forward to eggs and a bagel for breakfast some day.
5. Does anyone have any suggestions on being calmer and less quick to anger? I'd be interested in your thoughts on anger and patience.
7 & 8. Still a huge focus to minimize and organize. We're getting there. We have been selling off the old appliances to help pay for the new. When the kitchen is done, Partner is going to make a table and we'll sell our other table. I'm also hoping to sell or donate our china cabinet to open up the living room some more. Wiggle be sorry to see the floppy handles go, but it's just too much in our 1040 sq ft house.
9. We're spending a lot of money on the house right now so there is even more pressure/encouragement to not spend money frivilously. I've been doing really well on this the past 4 weeks because the house it a chaotic mess so I'm very aware of how much we already have.
14. Missed two days in March and did a double day to make it up. I've been working on some balancing poses which has been disheartening. I'm wondering if my hips moving from baby have thrown off my balance or if I'm just out of practice...
15. I finally had to admit that I just hadn't done the training. It was kind of a bitter pill to admit that I wasn't going to run. It's been nearly 18 months since I've run and I know I'm in terrible shape. We've lost our running community and I didn't realize how keen a loss that would be, moving out here. Hopefully I can turn it around and run the marathon in December.
2. Picture time! I hope he stays happy and healthy! Wiggle is actually sick - he caught whatever someone gave me at work. But for the most part, he's been a pretty healthy kid, for which I am so grateful. I hate when he's sick and we can't do much to help him feel better.
NOW FOR THE KNITTING GOALS!
18 & 19. Three FOs this month, with one still to post about (besides these). These are two dishclothes I've made for my mom... now to get them in the mail! My trusty double bump and a garter stitch - started with one stitch, increased to 50 and then back down again. All stash yarn and no purchases! :)